Xandros, the popular Debian-based Linux desktop package that I wrote about for LinuxWorld Magazine has made their newest version, 3.0, available for free download. Called the “Open Circulation Edition”, this version combines Skype Internet calling, Firefox, Thunderbird, and more into the already great Xandros package.
Other bits from their press release:
- Four-click install with automatic disk partitioning
- Dual-boot installation with Windows XP
- Industry-leading hardware detection and configuration
- Drag-and-drop CD burning in Xandros File Manager
- Seamless file and print sharing on Windows networks
- Resistance to spyware, adware, and pop-ups
Go to the Open Circulation Edition page.